A tube packaging is always on my positive list and there's a handy pump on it with a dop so you can put it up straight. The orange colours is typical sunscreenlike. It contains 50ml and costs around 15euros - available in IU-stores, pharmacies or online shops. Dispensing with the pump goes easily, 1 thourough pump is what you can see underneath (on daily basis I use 1 pump, when spending time outdoors I minimum use 2 pumps). Something that I've noticed with continued use is that you best use a whole pump and don't cut off with a little bit, otherwise the product gets left behind in the front part of the pump and dries up.
The product truly is an emulsion/lotion and is very light - it's easy spreadable. Scentwise it has that typical sunscreen scent, but it's not too strong - it's present but not too disturbing. The product feels a bit sticky and needs some time to sink in, proper blending is necessary. Then again it does leave a matte surface which is easier for makeup (I have dry skin, don't know about oily skin). If you blend thouroughly you won't see a white cast, but I've found that when I'm in the outdoors and reapply every few hours a white cast is inevitable. The product doesn't irritate my skin, nor does it irritate my eyes. I've been wearing this sunscreen when going to work or when spending a day in the outdoors and whenever I put it on, I don't get sunburned - thumbs up. For reference I sunburn very easily and have fair skin, an SPF of 20 doesn't do me much good.
The goods: nice ingredients (no perfume, no alcohol denatol), decent protection, pump packaging, no white cast when blended properly, easy to spread, leaves a matte surface, no irritation
The bads: slightly sunscreen scent, white cast when used frequently, product can dry up in pump
Overall I consider this to be a good product with decent ingredients and proper protection. There are a few minor discomforts that I would like to see gone but it isn't easy to come across a sunscreen that has everything I desire. This however is a close call and I can live with its negatives, hence my repurchasing. Nevertheless I'm still on the lookout for a better one, but for now I'm happy with this one and would recommend it!
- Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at email@example.com.
- NOTD Barry M Peach Melba
- Avon - here we are again
- Review Estée Lauder Vérité special eyecare
- Online shopping haul - guilty
- Product Praise Rituals Ginkgo's Secret hand balm
- NOTD Catrice Lavenderlicious - Wonderland collecti...
- Never again Avon superCurlacious mascara
- Review Mylène NutriCare hair mask
- Barry M Instant Nail Effects
- EOTD with Avon Cocoa Dreams
- In with the new
- Oh so special: should or shouldn't?
- In & out : lay-out
- Loving my new blouse...
- NOTD Catrice Dance Like A Prima Ballerina
- Company store haul
- A men's review: Paul's Choice skin balancing daily...
- Review Avène very high protection SPF50+ emulsion
- Let's do something crazy: 1-year make up
- The A'Squirrel brushes' entering!
- Product Praise Clarins Sun Eye Contour Care SPF30
- Something I heard the other day about brushes...
- Zuneta order revealed!
- My Zuneta order - guess what?!
- ▼ July (24)