Thursday 2 June 2011

Review Rituals Xiu Xi organic white lotus oil

Rituals... a name that definitely rings a bell to European girls - it's a pleasure visiting a store of them as it always smells divine. I found this brand a couple of years ago when it had only just begun, now it's already available in several countries in Europe. For now, America gets left behind but maybe that will change in the future...

They first started with body care and skin care, but now they've also added a makeup-range and a perfume-range. Products are mostly priced at midrange.

Calming body & massage oil
Nourishing, moisturising oil with a calming effect for body and soul
Can also be used as a nourishing oil for very dry skin

Ingredients: VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SQUALANE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, TOCOPHEROL, LINALOOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, AQUA/WATER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, COIX LACRYMA-JOBI (JOB'S TEARS) SEED EXTRACT, EUGENOL, GLYCERIN, ISOEUGENOL, NELUMBO NUCIFERA (LOTUS) FLOWER EXTRACT

When I purchased this product I was initially searching for a massage oil with a nice scent. I popped into the store and fell in love with the scent of this oil... It's called organic white lotus & yi yi ren (some kind of seeds that nurtures your skin), it's light and refreshing. I mostly smell white flowers such as roses and the lotus, afterwards there's a hint of sandelwood. I simply adore this smell, I wish they would made a perfume smelling exactly like this one - I would be all over it! Now onto the working part... This is a really rich oil, very nourishing for dry skin. I love getting a massage with this one but I also use it after taking a bath and it works really well on my skin. If you don't have dry skin this may be a bit too greasy for this purpose. It's an oil so it warms up nicely when massaging and the scent spreads very well making it easy to relax.

The packaging is really simple but I love it, especially the wooden dop on top of it. The bottle is available in one size, 100ml for around 12euros.

To sum it up: this is a really lovely product that I truly recommend, it's perfect for dry skin as an allrounduse on your body and otherwise it works great as a massage oil... I will definitely repurchase this one.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Klinkt goed :) De producten van Rituals stralen altijd wellness uit.

Evelien said...

Ja, mmm, ik moet er nog eens binnenspringen (en weer buiten komen met vanalles!).

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms