Friday, 17 June 2011
One thing I love about Europe is that we have acces to such a great budget brand as Catrice: they have a nice basic range and their LE always feature something I want to purchase. With their latest edition called Wonderland, I only got a few goodies... This highlighter was one of them, which left quite the impression on me.
with the light highlighter, you can skillfully set gorgeous accents and turn every eye shadow into something special simply by applying the highlighter with a platinum shimmer over your eyeshadow.
The packaging is very subtle with the butteflies on it, but so lovely - it immediately reminds me of summer. Funny is that Shu Uemura features almost identical packaging to Catrice: the clear plastic and shape of their boxes are just the same. Considering this is a budget brand, their products packaging are of quality and do not look cheap at all. It contains 2g and costed around 2-3euros.
The eyeshadow picks up nicely and doesn't have fall-out, which is often annoying with glittery eyeshadows. It goes onto skin smooth and blends easily. The colour is really hard to define: it has gold in it, but also silver and some particles shine a bit more than others, it also looks different depending on the lighting (click on the pictures underneath for a better&larger view of the swatch). One thing I love about this highlighter is that it's very subtle and doesn't leave you with an "overdo"-feeling. It can be used as a highlighter or also over a matte eyeshadow to spice it up a bit. With a good eyeshadow base this one also stays put during my working day. Personally I mainly use it as a highlighter under my brows.
The goods: price, packaging, subtle & colours, blends well, no fall-out, versatile in usage
The bads: none I can think off
Honestly, I'm very impressed with Catrice for delivering such a lovely highlighter. This can easily fit into the higher brands category because of the versatile colour. I recommend buying this one, while it's still available...!
- Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at email@example.com.
- Random snapshots on a 'picture-afternoon'
- Review Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector ...
- Photoshop and what not to do...
- Avon makeup hauling
- NOTD Catrice Mona Lisa Is Staring Back
- Polish addict - present!
- Review Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical
- Finished Spring 2011
- Dilemma solved...
- Budget Review Catrice LE eye shadow highlighter in...
- Review Ici Paris XL Gentle nail polish remover
- LE Bronzer dilemma!
- Review Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moistu...
- When you lose something...
- Budget Review Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava sho...
- Online shopping: perfume
- Budget review ELF Brightening Eye color in Brownst...
- Visagie Magazine
- NOTD Essie Lion Around
- Review Rituals Xiu Xi organic white lotus oil
- Strawberrynet order
- ▼ June (21)
A'Squirrel Anastasia Avène Avon Barry M Batiste Becca Benefit Bio beauté Bioderma Biosilk Blistex Bobbi Brown Britney Spears Bronzer By Terry Catrice Caudalíe Cetaphil Chanel CHI Clarins Coastal Scents Dermalogica Dior ELF Elizabeth Arden Essence Essie Estée Lauder Etos Filorga GOSH Ici Paris XL John Frieda Joico Kipling L'Oreal La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier Liu Jo Louis Widmer Lush MAC Mario Badescu Maybelline MD Formulations Michael Todd MischaRocks MUFE Mylène NARS Nuxe Nyx OPI Pai Paula's Choice Pixi Rituals Rosebud Sanex Serge Lutens ShiKai Shiseido Shu Uemura Sigma SKII Sleek SUQQU Taaj Too Faced Trind Tweezerman Urban Decay VS Yves Rocher Zia Natural
Accesories Bath Blogsale Blush Body Care Brands Bronzer Brows Brushes Budget Celeb Looks Concealer EOTD Eyeliner Eyes Eyeshadow Face Fashion Favourite blogs Finished Foot care FOTD Foundation/TM Giveaway Goodiebox Hair Care Hand Care Handbag Haul Highlighter Lashes Lips Men's review Nail Care Never again News NOTD Online Shopping Perfume Personal Powder Primer Product praise Project Pan Quickview Review Skin Care Snapshots Stash Sun Care Tag Tested Tips n Tricks Tutorial VS Wishlist