Tuesday 14 June 2011

Review Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer

When Paula released her new "resist"-line a couple of months ago I was really enthusiastic and couldn't wait to try it. These line is intented for aging skin because it contains some retinol but there is no harm in using it when you're in your twenties. Overall I found that aging creams per definition are richer and better suited for my dry skin - which is my number one reason for buying them. So that was exactly what I expected from this cream...

RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer contains a specialized complex of ingredients proven to remodel aging skin, bringing it to a healthier, more youthful state-really. The formula is packed with ingredients that work to build and preserve collagen, prevent moisture loss, restore essential ingredients to protect skin's barrier function, and reduce inflammation with potent antioxidants. The result? The skin you want to have, now!

Provides silky hydration that's ideal for normal to dry skin
Formulated to help skin resist wrinkles
Reduces free-radical and environmental damage
Exceptional for rosacea and sensitive skin
Perfect for the eye area-no need for a separate eye cream!
Fragrance-free, because it's what's best for your skin

Ingredients:

Aqua, Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Ethylhexyl Stearate (thickener), Cocoglycerides (emollient), Sodium Polyacrylate (film-forming agents), Glycosaminoglycans (skin-identical ingredient), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-identical ingredient), Retinol (cell-communicating ingredient), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidants), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Oil (antioxidants), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Squalane (emollients), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (slip agent), Hexylene Glycol (preservative), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

The packaging is quite stylish, contrary to her regular basic white packaging. The blue and grey give it a more expensive hint. It works with a pumping system that is easy to manage. A downside is that it's less easy to control the amount of product that comes out one pump. It contains 50ml and costs around 25euros, only available in her online shop.

I was really surprised when I first used this product, as it was hardly what I expected. This moisturizer isn't a cream, it's a gel that looks a bit yellow at first but is actually see-through. As all Paula's Choice product it's fragrance-free, which I'm a big fan of. It spreads easily and sinks in fast, leaving your skin refreshed and moistened. But personally I found this cream wasn't rich enough for my skin, I needed too much product to achieve a good moistened result. This is a better suited cream for normal skin types. It also works great on sensitive skin and even takes away redness. After using this my skin looks refreshed and a bit glowy, because the product gives a bit of a dewy finish. I continued using this product as a serum underneath my nighttime moisturizer, which I found works better for dry skin.

The goods: packaging, no fragrance, good on sensitive skin, sinks in fast, leaves a nice finish

The bads: price, only available in webshop, not rich enough for dry skin

Overall I enjoyed using this product, it just doesn't suit my skin type leaving it a bit harder to judge. It's a nice moisturizer with good ingredients and if I only needed one pump to cover my face I would probably repurchase this. I have no idea why she claims this is suited for dry skin, as it's clearly not. If you're keen on trying this product, first order a sample to be sure...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms