Monday 20 December 2010

How to working look

Lately I've been wearing this brown look a lot to work, it has become one of my favourites this fall/winter. I've been using these products (now that I look at it in the pictures, it seems a lot but the look is quick and easy), off course you can use other similar ones to get the same result. Excuse the eye smudges a bit and the fading of my inner corner, took the pictures after a day of work :)

The total look as seen in this FOTD along with the products I've used.

The eyes in close-up:

The products used for the eyes:

  • First off, start with a base: I used Shadow Insurance from Too Faced.
  • Then take NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk and apply it in the inner corner of your eye, take it towards your moving eyelid, if you want the brown colour that we're going to put there to pop more you can use it all over your lid.
  • Take the Sleek Storm Palette and use colour 2 all over your moving eyelid, use colour 3 (I'm loving this colour so much!) in the outer corner and in the crease, use colour 1 as a highlighter under your eyebrows. Blend colour 3 into the other ones.
  • Use a browngolden liner below the lashline, I used Avons Supershock liner in browngold.
  • Apply mascara on the top lashes, I used Diors Ionic Mascara.
  • Finish your brows with a browmousse - I used Tweezerman.

Hope you like it, just a lovely easy look that will suit anyone...


5 comments:

BeautyLoves said...

De kleuren staan je goed! Op het werk doe ik meestal ook een neutrale look, da's gewoon gemakkelijk :)

Gaby Fauchon said...

How do you like Shadow Insurance from Too Faced? I'm still unsure if I should get it or not, I've heard mixed reviews on it...

Evelien said...

Ja, makkelijk simpel en mooi!

I like it a lot but I have dry skin. Some people complain it is too greasy and I think it would be if you have oily skin. You also need just a tiny bit. If you use to much of it your eueshadow will begin to crease, I will be doing a seperate review on it soon!

Anonymous said...

hi, I just discovered your blog. I like your blog. You are beautyful but I think you should make your eyebrow thinner. a little bit. It will suit you more. Just do it, it will grow. Your thik eyebrow is overpowering your eyes and face. Please ask people about it and or get it done by professional.

Evelien said...

Hey, thanks for the compliment. My eyebrows were indeed very messy in this article but they have been trimmed and cut recently so they look a lot better, phew, thank god. I posted an article on them once when I got them done, maybe that's what you intented to have done? I have very thick and very wild brows that I have to tweeze almost daily and cut every few weeks, which is really annoying. 2 or 3 times a year I get them done by a professional and meanwhile I try to manage them myself.

When I was in highschool my brows were much thinner because it was the hype then to have them thin and honestly, it didn't suit me at all. But then again, brows are also very personal taste :).

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms