Tuesday 21 December 2010

Review Sigma Tapered Blending Brush E40

Sigma brushes continued... So far I've talked about a few ones I do like and often use with pleasure, but they aren't all a bed of roses. Today I'm going to talk about their tapered blending brush, which is supposed to be a dupe for the MAC224.

It has a nice long handle and looks very similar. Again, I like the black and silver letters on it. This is just how a brush should look to me, I'm not a fan of coloured brushes - just plain black will do thank you.

The brush looks very fluffy and while going over your hand it feels soft enough to use around the eye area. But boy, was I wrong to think that. When using this brush to blend my eyeshadow in my crease, as intented by its name, I don't find it soft at all. It stings/pricks quite a lot. On a good note: it does a nice job of blending the eyeshadow but off course at some pain.

Then onto the next point of annoyance: it sheds! And by shedding I don't mean the occasional hair, it sheds a lot lot lot! When using this brush to blend I often have to pluck of tiny hairs that have gotten in my eyeshadow. But the hardest part is the cleansing of this brush, then you get a shedding walhalla! I thought that with continued use and cleansing the shedding would stop, but it still goes on and on. If I look at the brush now, I'm surprised there's still this much hair on it. But I'm quite certain that with longer use and cleaning this brush won't be a fluffy one anymore.

I wouldn't recommend this brush to anyone, there are better options out there for the same price. The stinging and shedding combined makes this a no-no.

5 comments:

BeautyLoves said...

Ik heb de MAC-versie. Ik moet zeggen dat ik hem eigenlijk niet meer gebruik voor mijn oogschaduw, maar om Benefit Powderflage aan te brengen onder mijn ogen. Werkt wel goed!

sus en wis said...

Hij lijkt precies een beetje stug ;)
Ik heb ook de 224 van MAC (eigenlijk 2x) en die doet z'n job naar behoren!

Evelien said...

Ik ga m ook gebruiken om highlighter enzo aan te brengen ipv te blenden.

Ja, dat is 'm ook. Ik heb de 224 niet van MAC dus kan ze niet vergelijken maar ik gok dat m
wel beter is :)

Unknown said...

my brush shed and that all the bristles fell out :D I used the brush once... but sigma got me a new brush :D

Evelien said...

It doesn't shed that much with me, just annoying shedding you know :) glad you got a new one, does that one work for you?

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms