Saturday 23 October 2010

Quickview Paula's Choice 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid Gel

Last week I also did a quickview - my interpretation of a quickview is this amount of text - on a product by Paula's Choice but I ordered more than 1 sample so be prepared for more quickviews. Today's topic is exfoliation, which is a must for every skin. I - and half the population of earth - uses a scrub for this simply because most lines offer only a scrub. I have used several scrubs in the past but always had the same occuring problem: my skin didn't like it that much. I have sensitive skin and most scrubs were too harsh, even though I only used them gently. After scrubbing, my face looked red in certain areas and dry, and that's how I found this product.

Paula's choice offers 2 types of exfoliants: BHA and AHA, BHA exfoliates deep into the skin and is really good if you have skin prone to breakouts as it clears them - AHA exfoliates the surface and is good for sundamage, pigmentation, scars. Since my skin isn't prone to breakouts at all I ordered the AHA in sample. It's only available in 8%, whereas BHA is available in 1% and 2%. These are the product's claims:

Gently exfoliates and renews your skin with 8% glycolic acid - pH range of 3.5–3.8 guarantees efficacy you'll see daily - Takes your dry, sun-damaged skin and changes it from dull to radiant -Stimulates collagen production for firmer, younger-looking skin - Soothing anti-irritants calms your skin and reduces signs of stress -Suitable for all skin types but best for normal to dry, sun-damaged skin - 100% fragrance-free and contains no dyes or coloring agents -View the research and studies showing the benefits of using this exfoliant here - Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.

I ripped the sample open and put it in a tiny jar because the product is liquid in every word and you only have to use a tiny amount. It's a clear gel that doesn't smell like anything. The first time I used it I was surprised of only how little I needed to cover my whole face. Paula claims you can use it every day but I wouldn't do that as it leaves your skin sensitive to the sun, so a high SPF is needed here. I use it 2 times a week. This is used after a toner and before a serum/night cream. You can also use it in the morning but I don't recommend that because of the sensitivity to the sun.

I've used it for 3 weeks (sample lasts a long time) and I'm already impressed by this product. It leaves your skin velvet smooth and a few scars on my cheeks have become less obvious/nearly gone. This week I ordered the full product for 19euros and I'm really curious to it's effects when used longer. Will keep you up to date!

Which exfoliant do you use?

2 comments:

Aline said...

klinkt goed!!

Evelien said...

Ja he, op zo'n korte tijd al resultaat. Ben erg benieuwd op langere termijn maar dat lees je binnen een maand of twee dan wel ;)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms