Thursday 3 February 2011

Review Sigma tapered highlighter F35

And the Sigma saga continues, will they fall in love and live happily ever after? Stay tuned... or should I say "stay read"??

Now serious, I've almost gone through reviewing all my brushes of theirs and I can state that, more or less, 50% of their brushes are of an ok to good quality. I don't regret buying my brushes, because some of them are really worth it. Let's see what F35 does and where it belongs!

Tapered cheek highlighter. Delicately rolls powder under eyes.
The precise tip in this brush enhances cheek highlighting and contouring, 16$.


I bought this brush to use with powder highlighter, it has the perfect tapered top shape for your cheekbones. The bristles are soft enough but at the same time very dense, the bristles don't irritate or sting my face. Sometimes the brush sheds but very minimal and mostly it's just one hair - this even happens with high end brushes. After a few months my brush's bristles are still as present as before.

After having washed the brush several times, I have been using it for half a year or so (and using a brush guard) I can't tame every bristle, there are a few ones that stick out. As long as it's an occasional one, I don't mind. When washing the brush however, it leaks an awful lot of black colour. Washing it multiple times hasn't helped, it still leaks but strangely the bristles' colour stay as intense black as before. It's really important that the brush dries entirely, if it's still a bit humid while using it, it will leave some black streaks - speaking from experience here. This is really - really annoying.

Overall I do enjoy using the brush for highlighter, I just have to be carefull it's dry... I don't know if I would recommend it, the big negative to this brush is the leaking colour but apart from that it's still of an ok quality to me, considering its price. I don't have any other highlighter tapered brushes so I can't really compare. Feel free to share your thoughts!

2 comments:

Noortje said...

looks like a good brush!

Evelien said...

It's ok, nothing too fancy though :D

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms