Friday 11 February 2011

Budget Review Avon Naturals cucumber & melon deodorant

Everyone has their own type of deodorant: some like sprays, other sticks and other others roll-ons. Myself, I'm a roll-on kind of girl. I've tried them all in the past but sprays were often too drying or irritating on me, sticks I find repulsive so I'm left with this last option and this is the one I like. Roll-ons are sparing, as they often last me a couple of months and they don't irritate my skin. They are refreshing enough and preserve the scent very well. The last month I've been using this new one by Avon:

Stay cool as a cucumber with this 24 hour deoderant*. The non-staining, non-stinging formula, containing cucumber and melon extracts, glides on smoothly, helps to stop odour and helps eliminate perspiration all day. 50ml

Honestly, I bought it because it was low priced and I'm always in for budget items... I paid 2euros for it and got the scent "cucumber & melon", another scent "lavender" is also available, a scent I totally dislike but my mum for instance loves it. The scent is a bit vegetable-like and fresh at the same time, I feel quite "green" while using it. It glides on easily, doesn't irritate and works a bit moisturizing. I can't really comment on how well it works on the sweating part, since it's winter but I'm guessing it will be average - as usual. I didn't notice any stains on my clothes, so another plus. Tiny downside was opening the product for the first time: the top was also wrapped with plastic and I couldn't get it open, luckily after some severe trying my boyfriend managed to open it - you know he would never let it pass that he could NOT open a beauty product. I'd never imagined I would ask him to open one for me...

The goods: fresh scent, low price, non-irritating, no stains

The bads: opening it :)

I will enjoy using this roll-on as I like the scent of it. I hardly ever repurchase a deodorant because there are so many out there and I like to switch since I only use about 3 roll-ons a year. But if you're looking for a cheap and decent one, this deserves a shot...

2 comments:

Gaby Fauchon said...

I hate roll-on dedodorants, they seem to take a while before drying )=

Evelien said...

They dry very quick on me though, funny how we feel so different about items sometimes :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms