Tuesday 15 February 2011

Review Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil: Milk & Cottage Cheese

A couple of months ago I placed a Nyx order, shamefully I didn't have any of their products and bought a whole bunch - 'cause it's very budgetproof. Nyx is more known in the United States and gets quite the praise there. I've come to realise that pricequalitywise their products are indeed worth while. Today I'll be talking about one of their most sought after items, being the jumbo eye pencils.


NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is a holy-grail item for every makeup enthusiast! Jumbo Eye Pencil is a versatile pencil that can be used for lining or as eyeshadow. This Eye Pencil is infused with mineral oils and powders, which allows for smooth application. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is available in both neutral and fun shades. Available for 3,5$.


I bought 4 colours, but these 2 are the ones I've used the most so far. It's 608 Cottage Cheese and 604 Milk. Both colours can be used for various purposes: it can help intensify another eyeshadow when used as a base, it can be used as a highlighter on your browbone or as an inner corner.

On the left is Cottage Cheese, a white shimmer and on the right is Milk, a mat white. These are both two strokes, the pencils have a good amount of pigment and are very soft & easy in usage. A tiny disadvantage is that after some rubbing the colour comes off easily, therefor I only use it in combination with an eyeshadow base. They are pencils so they can be sharpened, Nyx also offers a dual pencil sharpener for 3$, which I bought and sharpening goes smooth. I mainly use Cottage Cheese as an inner corner and Milk to intensify, personal preference.


Cottage Cheese - inner corner

Conclusion: Nyx's jumbo pencils are a good product that I recommend, especially considering its price. If I had to pick one, I would go for Cottage Cheese, I love shimmers. The pencils can be bought online on various websites, I bought mine at nonpareil, they also regularly have discounts.

11 comments:

BeautyLoves said...

Ziet er goed uit!

socialitedreams said...

i love the milk pencils! i need to get a sharpener because I know that it will be needed soon. So far i have milk, gold, and green. <3 i want cottage cheese though! pretty

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

PinkFairy said...

Deze twee zijn ook mijn favorieten! :)

Evelien said...

I'm sure you will love Cottage Cheese , it's such a lovely colour.

Dat is ook kunnen PinkFairy, ochja het zijn de mooisten ;)

Dankje Perfectly!

Anonymous said...

I love NYX jumbo pencils! I want to get Cottage cheese.

Evelien said...

It's defintely my most used pencil, I'm sure you 'll love it even more than your other pencils...!!

Beauty Writer said...

How do you sharpen Milk? It looks like it has plastic around the tip rather than wood.

Evelien said...

Yes, it's indeed a bit plastic-like (don't know exactly what it is) but you can just sharpen it with a big pencil sharpener :) otherwise it would be a bit expensive for such a tiny amount.

Beauty Writer said...

thank-you :)

Meryem said...

U do a really gud reviews!

Evelien said...

Thanks, that's so kind of you!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms