Tuesday, 15 February 2011
A couple of months ago I placed a Nyx order, shamefully I didn't have any of their products and bought a whole bunch - 'cause it's very budgetproof. Nyx is more known in the United States and gets quite the praise there. I've come to realise that pricequalitywise their products are indeed worth while. Today I'll be talking about one of their most sought after items, being the jumbo eye pencils.
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is a holy-grail item for every makeup enthusiast! Jumbo Eye Pencil is a versatile pencil that can be used for lining or as eyeshadow. This Eye Pencil is infused with mineral oils and powders, which allows for smooth application. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is available in both neutral and fun shades. Available for 3,5$.
I bought 4 colours, but these 2 are the ones I've used the most so far. It's 608 Cottage Cheese and 604 Milk. Both colours can be used for various purposes: it can help intensify another eyeshadow when used as a base, it can be used as a highlighter on your browbone or as an inner corner.
On the left is Cottage Cheese, a white shimmer and on the right is Milk, a mat white. These are both two strokes, the pencils have a good amount of pigment and are very soft & easy in usage. A tiny disadvantage is that after some rubbing the colour comes off easily, therefor I only use it in combination with an eyeshadow base. They are pencils so they can be sharpened, Nyx also offers a dual pencil sharpener for 3$, which I bought and sharpening goes smooth. I mainly use Cottage Cheese as an inner corner and Milk to intensify, personal preference.
Cottage Cheese - inner corner
Conclusion: Nyx's jumbo pencils are a good product that I recommend, especially considering its price. If I had to pick one, I would go for Cottage Cheese, I love shimmers. The pencils can be bought online on various websites, I bought mine at nonpareil, they also regularly have discounts.
- Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at email@example.com.
- Quickview Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Toner
- A few minor changes...
- Last Sigma hauling
- Angry @ blogspot
- Review Trind Hand Repair
- Review Becca Eye Tint Baroque
- Review Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava body spray...
- Lemming... yes I do!
- In the mood for dresses & booties
- Quickview La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-cleanser
- Review Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil: Milk & Cottage Cheese...
- Happy Valentines day!!
- Budget Review Avon Naturals cucumber & melon deodo...
- Recent online shopping
- Review Diorshow Iconic mascara
- Budget review Etos Douche Goij Berry Cupuazu
- Review La Roche-Posay Micellar Lotion
- Review Sigma tapered highlighter F35
- Look your worst challenge!
- My new beauty -and other stuff- closset
- ▼ February (20)
A'Squirrel Anastasia Avène Avon Barry M Batiste Becca Benefit Bio beauté Bioderma Biosilk Blistex Bobbi Brown Britney Spears Bronzer By Terry Catrice Caudalíe Cetaphil Chanel CHI Clarins Coastal Scents Dermalogica Dior ELF Elizabeth Arden Essence Essie Estée Lauder Etos Filorga GOSH Ici Paris XL John Frieda Joico Kipling L'Oreal La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier Liu Jo Louis Widmer Lush MAC Mario Badescu Maybelline MD Formulations Michael Todd MischaRocks MUFE Mylène NARS Nuxe Nyx OPI Pai Paula's Choice Pixi Rituals Rosebud Sanex Serge Lutens ShiKai Shiseido Shu Uemura Sigma SKII Sleek SUQQU Taaj Too Faced Trind Tweezerman Urban Decay VS Yves Rocher Zia Natural
Accesories Bath Blogsale Blush Body Care Brands Bronzer Brows Brushes Budget Celeb Looks Concealer EOTD Eyeliner Eyes Eyeshadow Face Fashion Favourite blogs Finished Foot care FOTD Foundation/TM Giveaway Goodiebox Hair Care Hand Care Handbag Haul Highlighter Lashes Lips Men's review Nail Care Never again News NOTD Online Shopping Perfume Personal Powder Primer Product praise Project Pan Quickview Review Skin Care Snapshots Stash Sun Care Tag Tested Tips n Tricks Tutorial VS Wishlist