Introduced by G.F.Smith's grandson Allen in the 1960s, Strawberry Lip Balm is our number two seller, this product is formulated to aid in protecting and moisturizing the lips, cuticles, and elbows from the drying effects of the weather. The aroma of Strawberry Shortcake attracts Hollywood Celebrities, Skiers, and Sun Worshipers alike.I love how these tins look, so retro and adorable. They open easily and contain 22g of product. The balm itself is pink and smells like strawberries but at the same time artificial, which is not to my likings. This could be because of the tin but I can't tell for sure. It applies easily and leaves your lips with a transparant film that feels a bit greasy at first. Key is not to use too much. The texture of the balm varies a lot depending on the room's temperature, this balm benefits from a warmer room for an easier application. It is also supposed to be moisturizing but it didn't feel so to me, if my lips are sensitive or dry - this doesn't do any good. I mainly use it for a quick touch-up or when I want to have 'something' on.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend this balm, if you want to try it - go with the original version, which is much better. You can buy it online for 4-5euros, it's also available in stores but at the price of 10euros. This isn't much in comparison to the amount of product you receive, the tin is sure to last you a long time!
Which is your favourite Rosebud?
- Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at email@example.com.
- Review Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm
- Avon haul & a little sale
- Review Estée Lauder Intense softening lotion
- Feelunique haul
- Review Sigma -short- eye shading brush E55
- Review Mario Badescu Vitamin C serum
- Godiva, hello multiple usage!
- A different kind of hauling!
- Review Avon senses Enchanted shower crème
- Mylène haul
- Beautypedia - free!
- Loving a discount haul
- Review Avon Supershock eyeliner - bronze
- Award, who, me?
- Review Cetaphil cleanser
- Budget Review Yves Rocher shower gel - florida ora...
- I won, I won, I won - did I mention I won?
- Never again: Sigma small stippling brush SS188 or ...
- The first haul of the new year :)
- Budget Review Sanex Dermo sensitive roll-on
- Happy new year!
- ▼ January (21)