Antioxidant Vitamin C protects skin from free radicals and is essential in collagen production. This Vitamin C Serum contains 7.5% Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) to reduce discoloration and brighten skin. Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid to retain skin's natural moisture and Collagen to enhance skin's firmness and elasticity. How to Use: Apply 2-3 drops on clean skin avoiding eye area every other night. May be used under a moisturizer or alone.
The bottle contains 29ml and can be purchased from various webshops, I paid around 40euros for it, so I consider it to be a more pricy serum but not too outrageous as other luxurious brands. It's a green glass bottle with a droppersystem. It's not seethrough which is important to me to maintain the ingredients in it. I only preferred it had a pumpsystem to a dropper.
The ingredients list as seen below looks very promising in the beginning with a good base -glycol- and vitamin c. The only downside is the last ingredient on the list, lavender extract, as this can be irritating and damaging to the skin. Because it's the last ingredient and in a very tiny amount present I was still keen on trying it.
My boyfriend also used this serum for a few days as he had some discolorations as well, but it resulted in lots of breakouts. He stopped using it and tried it again after a week, the breakouts came back, so it was definitely the serum causing it.
The goods: results are soon visible, only a tiny amount needed to cover entire face
The bads: high price, weird smell, ingredients are not long preserved, lavender works irritating and can cause breakouts
Overall I was amazed at first by this serum but afterwards I was more dissapointed than amazed. It's too expensive for the time it delivers on its promises. It can also be irritating for the skin, which is always a negative to me - even if my skin doesn't react to it. I wouldn't repurchase this or recommend it to anyone. If Mario Badescu decided to change the ingredients a tiny bit and change it into a pumpsystem, this would be an amazing serum! If you have a favourite serum, feel free to share...
- Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm
- Avon haul & a little sale
- Review Estée Lauder Intense softening lotion
- Feelunique haul
- Review Sigma -short- eye shading brush E55
- Review Mario Badescu Vitamin C serum
- Godiva, hello multiple usage!
- A different kind of hauling!
- Review Avon senses Enchanted shower crème
- Mylène haul
- Beautypedia - free!
- Loving a discount haul
- Review Avon Supershock eyeliner - bronze
- Award, who, me?
- Review Cetaphil cleanser
- Budget Review Yves Rocher shower gel - florida ora...
- I won, I won, I won - did I mention I won?
- Never again: Sigma small stippling brush SS188 or ...
- The first haul of the new year :)
- Budget Review Sanex Dermo sensitive roll-on
- Happy new year!
- ▼ January (21)