Monday 3 October 2011

NOTD Avon Vanilla Shake

A couple of weeks ago my Avon order came in, with which I ordered their newly summer polishes - a pastel purple and a soft yellow. I was a bit astonished when I opened the soft yellow and discovered it was actually a beige nude... As I love nudes, I don't mind but I can imagine people being put off by it!
Packaging and bristle is the same as other Avon polishes. Application goes easily, without any streaks. It's a bit sheer - I used 2 coats but for optimal coverage you could use 3. It's a very soft beige with a bit of yellow tone to it. It's definitely a wearable colour for all occasions. But does it belong in a summer collection? Probably not, it should have been more yellowtoned for that.
Nevertheless, it's a nice polish - just not what you might expect from it when you look at the commercial picture...!

2 comments:

Gaby Fauchon said...

I have nothing that looks like this! Pretty!

Evelien said...

It's nice indeed, but if your stash is full of nudes you probably already have a dupe :) the yellow tone to it makes it a bit more special than other polishes.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms