Wednesday 12 October 2011

Review Paula's Choice Resist Cellular defense daily moisturizer SPF25

Quite the mouthfull isn't it, this new SPF moisturizer of Paula? I'm still on the lookout for a decent SPF moisturizer and while I didn't like the other ones from Paula that I've tried in the past, I decided to give this one a go either way... you never know...
This ultra-gentle yet effective formula has a lightweight, silky-cream texture that hydrates and enhances radiance while providing extremely effective mineral-based, broad-spectrum sun protection. It includes potent antioxidants to defend your skin from environmental stressors, allowing the skin to repair itself on a cellular level, and restoring skin's ability to resist further signs of aging. Used daily, this moisturizer will help reduce wrinkles and brown spots, while rebuilding collagen and improving skin tone.

100% Fragrance-free, colorant-free and formulated to work beautifully under make-up

Aqua, Titanium dioxide (8%), Tribehenin PEG-20 Esters (emulsifying agent), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate (silicone slip agents), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Caprylyl Methicone (skin conditioning agent), Stearic Acid, Squalane (emollients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidants), Ubiquinone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Oryzanol, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract, Buddleja Davidii Extract (antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate (emollient), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Cetyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickeners), Polyacrylamide (film-forming agent), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate/Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer (polymer-base texture enhancer), Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer (binding agent), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Thymus Vulgaris Extract (antioxidant), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Alumina (thickeners), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol (preservatives)
The packaging is sleek & more luxurious than her regular line, which is just plain white. This tube is made of metallic plastic, I'm not a fan of these things as they tend to break faster. What I consider a big plus on her items is their packaging: only tubes & pumps so perfect for preserving the ingredients. However this tube has a weird dop on it, it's a turn with a click and you have to be carefull because if you don't click it product comes in the dop, weird & not very hygienic - I don't get it?! It contains 60ml and costs around 27euros - only available in her online shop-, an average price but I do expect a decent product in return.
The product has no fragrance in it but it has that typical sunscreen scent, a bit disturbing but I try not to pay too much attention to it. I'd rather have this than heaps of fragrance in it to cover the scent. The consistency is weird, it isn't a cream and it isn't a lotion either. It looks a bit grainy but doesn't feel like it - it looks as though someone chewed on it - not very appealing at all - and it has a yellowish colour. It goes on smooth but needs some decent spreading out and buffing in, otherwise it leaves a white cast so watch out on your brows. I always let it sink in for 5-10minutes before applying make-up. I found it to be a decent moisturizer for sensitive dry skin, but I still needed twice or more of the amount shown below to cover my entire face. Mind that I mainly used this moisturizer during the summer months when my skin actually needs less moisture so during winter you would need quite a lot of product. During the day my skin stayed hydrated. The SPF in it delivers, I've used it in mornings when spending a day outside and didn't get burned with moderate sunshine. Nevertheless I expected more from this, especially considering its price.
The goods: decent sunscreen, packaging, good for sensitive skin

The bads: weird dop, weird consistency, sunscreen scent, not moisturizing enough for dry skin, white cast (!), only available in her online shop

Overall I'm not impressed with this moisturizer, it's ok but far from what I expected. I finished this tube, but won't repurchase and I wouldn't recommend it (if you have normal skin you could give it a go, but there are better alternatives). For some reason Paula's SPF moisturizers always let me down, even though I love a few of her regular moisturizers...

2 comments:

BeautyLoves said...

Ai, da's eentje om te skippen. Ik heb ooit staaltjes gehad van Paula's Choice en ik was daar niet tevreden van, heb ze zelfs weggegooid, dus je kan al nagaan.

Evelien said...

Dat is al ernstig ja :). Nu, ze heeft wel enkele leuke producten hoor - zoals het masker en een nachtcreme, maar haar SPFcrèmes zijn geen sterren.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms