Catrices packaging is for polishes the same as before, simple but lovely. The brush also has the same size and is easy to manage - it's bigger than an Essie-brush and smaller than an OPI-brush if you're wondering. Applying goes easily and the product is very smooth, but it's like a bubblemagnet... I've used it on several polishes and noticed that when the polish was more watery (instead of creamy) after applying the topcoat a lot of air bubbles showed up which I do not like. I tried applying immediately and tried waiting, didn't help... However, if used on a creamy polish it gets a smooth surface? Onto the drying time: after about half an hour your nails are -with 2 coats- already quite dry but try to avoid sharp things. Then it takes forever to get them thouroughly dry, for example: when I put polish on at 8pm and go to bed at 10pm I have bed sheets imprinted on my nails, it's a shame. And lastly, the lasting time: the positive thing about it, I can easily wear my nail polish for a week as with other top coats. After 2 days there is some slight tipwearing, as always but no chips
The goods: price, lasting time, works well with creamy polishes
The bads: often air bubbles, long thouroughly drying time
Overall, I'm disappointed in this topcoat. Off course I didn't expect to find a dupe for INM or Seche, but regarding their regular polishes I expected better quality from their top coat. I'm sure it will be better when you wear just one coat of polish, but honestly, almost everyone wears at least 2 coats. This is a missed shot from Catrice and I wouldn't recommend it...
- Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Batiste Blush dry shampoo
- Some polish...
- Product Praise Shu Uemura 20 Pony Brush
- Pippa's modula handbag: yay or nay?
- Catrice in Wonderland hauling
- Review Biosilk Silk Therapy
- Pan, anyone?
- Avon hauling
- Product Praise the Brush Guard
- Review Rosebud Salve
- Product Praise Paula's Choice Skin recovery hydrat...
- Campaigns of Chanel
- Some online shopping haul
- Lookfantastic awards 2011
- Review Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF50+ cream
- Product Praise Avon Bubble Bath Vanilla Peach
- Beauty & the beast
- Boyfriend went to London haul
- Review Mylène Welness pillow spray
- Budget Review Catrice Quick dry & high shine top c...
- Review ShiKai Borage dry skin therapy eye cream
- ▼ May (21)