Wednesday 3 August 2011

Review Clarins Water Comfort One-step Cleanser

Most of the time I try to cleanse my skin as thouroughly as possible. But sometimes I can be just lazy or so tired out that I can't bring myself to do that little effort. For these moments I'm a fan of a one-step cleanser as it provides a very quick cleanse with a cotton pad. Using this on a daily basis however isn't recommendable as it doesn't cleanse as well as a cream cleanser for instance and would lead to clogged pores. Clarins is a brand that I always find somewhat appealing and since I've heard some good things about this cleanser, why not try it?

With Peach Essential Water Normal or Dry Skin

All the pleasure and freshness of cleansing with water... without water! In one easy step, this cleanser promotes a feeling of 'water-rinsed' cleansing. It gently removes light make-up and impurities without any lather. Obtained through distillation, this precious, potent 'water' contains all of the peach's softening and soothing properties. Skin stays smooth, supple and velvety-soft.

Awarded 'Best Cleanser' from 'In Style' 2007 Best Beauty Buys. 

Ingredients
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Honey Extract (Mel), Fragrance, Plantago Ovata Seed Extract, Tetrasodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Yellow 6, Red 33

    
The packaging is simple but sleek: see-through with the typical red Clarins lettering. The top has the "C" engraved and can easily be removed. The product contains 200ml and is priced around 18euros - available in several stores as well as online.

When opening and removing the top you immediately smell the peachy fragrance, an enjoyable scent but at the same time very strong - note: the water has a peachy colour as well. Fragrance as an ingredient is placed in the middle of the list, so normally it shouldn't be that strongly present. It states it removes light make-up and that's absolutely true, it can deal with a tinted moisturizer and a blush but it cannot deal with mascara, eye makeup, foundation etc. Therefore I first use my Bioderma to remove my make-up - if I'm wearing any- and then I follow with a cotton pad of this one for the actual cleanse. It removes impurties and dirt without a problem - if your cotton pad is very dirty afterwards soak another one and do it again. After cleansing my skin feels soft and clean, but it often also left it dry. The product didn't irritate my skin, but I can imagine it will do others due to the heavy fragrance.

The goods: packaging, lovely scent, one-step cleansing works fine, can remove light makeup

The bads: too heavily fragranced (irritation), can leave skin dry, cannot remove heavy makeup

Overall, this is an OK product but it hasn't left an impression on me and I doubt it will do on you. I enjoy the cleansing properties of it, but I dislike the amount of fragrance it brings along. Fragrance isn't good for your skin and a dry feeling after usage is never a good sign. I will continue to use this untill I run out but I won't repurchase it.

1 comments:

Antropia Luna said...

The velvety results has me sold. Peach and jojoba are definitely a sweet combination for soft hydrated skin that isn't oily. You can also make an organic scrub using brown sugar and almond oil with peach extract. Salud!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms