Tuesday 20 July 2010

Review Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

I have a hard time finding a foundation that suits me... I've already tried several but there always seems to be something wrong. For reference, I have dry and sensitive skin. My problem with most foundations is that when applied they look gorgeous but after an hour or so, they get all cakey/powdery on me, horrible... And when I'm lucky enough to ran into one that doesn't have this effect, I get spots from using it. Don't you just hate that?

Then I read about Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer, having great coverage for a moisturizer. Surely this would be great for my dry skin. Nothing to lose so I went and got it...

The color range isn't great, 7 shades available and most of them are very dark. Picture from karlasugar.net, great site for swatches.

The product promises:

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a sheer, lightweight moisturizer with SPF 20 & a hint of color that can be used in place of foundation for a natural appearance while adding a healthy glow to your complexion. Moisturizing formula hydrates skin, softening & easing fine, dry lines. Leaves a natural, dewy finish. Features an antioxidant vitamin complex that acts as a free radical scavenger to protect the skin from even the most aggressive effects of the environment. Extremely long-wearing, stays colour true & wears evenly. Add SPF and sheer finish to the skin by mixing 50% Tinted Moisturizer into your Foundation (1.5 fl. oz./40ml)

The product comes in a tube, love this, is simple and yet sophisticated like all Laura Merciers products. Getting product out of it is an easy job but don't squeeze too hard or you'll end up with too much of it. The scent is ok, not too artificial but I can't recognize anything in it.

Product itself is very runny (what did you expect otherwise) and applies easily. You can use a brush or your fingers, it's all the same. Just make sure you blend enough or you'll see the streaks of your fingers/brush.

The product leaves a dewy glowing finish which I'm very fond of. The coverage is good, it covers my minor flaws and a bit of redness as well... It can be compared to a light-medium foundation coverage which is a big plus for me. It doesn't cover freckles (pic underneath). Add some concealer on certain spots for a more evened out tone.

In the morning I use my regular moisturizer, once that has sunk in I apply Laura Merciers just as I would apply foundation. This product is perfect for me: the color suits me, it covers the things I want it to cover, it doens't get cakey on me, it has an SPF of 20 and best of all I don't break out from it... I've been using it for a couple of months now and this is my HG product for summer... I give it a 5 star recommendation!

Price range is around 40$, available in several stores but you can also purchase it online. There's also an oil-free version available if you have combination-oily skin.

9 comments:

Annigje said...

Dat ziet er goed uit!

Evelien said...

Bedankt, ben er ook erg tevreden van! Gaat een stashmusthave van me blijven :)

BeautyLoves said...

Welke kleur heb jij? Ik heb naar de swatches zitten kijken, maar twijfel te veel tussen kleuren om te weten welke de juiste voor mij zou zijn.

Evelien said...

Ik heb de kleur porcelain, beetje te licht -ben iets gebruind nu- maar kan het goed blenden en met wat bronzer gaat het - nude is te donker voor me. Ter vergelijking, bij gewone foundations heb ik meestal de 2e kleur.

Had ergens gelezen dat nude voor een NC25 is v MAC. Heb je geen winkel in de buurt waar ze het verkopen? In Antwerpen is er ene.

BeautyLoves said...

Oké, want ik was aan het twijfelen tussen Nude, Bisque, Sand en Fawn, waarbij ik niet wist of Nude al te licht zou zijn. Maar ik ga volgende week naar Antwerpen, welke winkel verkoopt LM?

Unknown said...

OMG Thank you soo much for this review :)))

Evelien said...

Magnolia verkoopt dat, is een klein winkeltje. Veel succes en kijk al uit naar je mening erover.

copycat: you're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Which shade do you use?

Evelien said...

I use porcelain in fall, winter and spring (NC/NW15). When my skin becomes a bit darker I mix it with nude or use nude alone in the summer months (NC/NW 20). I still use a dot of this every day, love this product!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms