Wednesday 8 February 2012

Never again Louis Widmer Facial Freshener

Toners & I are a story that doesn't seem to find a happy ending... Or they are too expensive or have horrible packaging or are just horrible, either way - I haven't find the perfect one yet - perfect being refreshing, soothing, not too expensive but finding those 3 qualities seems like mission impossible?! I have come across a few close calls, but that's it for now. This one by Louis Widmer, I had high hopes for: not too expensive, without alcohol, without scent - it should have been perfect but it is far from it...
The refreshing Facial Freshener is suitable for all skin types. It supplements the skin cleansing. Biostimulines are efficacious moisturizers and have a high potential for water retention. Panthenol and aloe vera soothe irritated skin. Creams applied afterwards penetrate better and their active substances are more easily absorbed.
The packaging is really simple & pink, always a plus. It's not a spray but with a small hole to be used with a cotton pad. I don't prefer a spray or cotton pad, I can work both ways - depends on my mood I guess. During summer I like a spray more because of its refreshing effect. I chose the one without perfume in it, because of my sensitive skin. It contains 200ml and is priced around 12euros, with or without perfume.
When I used it for the first time and put it on a cotton pad I was surprised by its scent. It has a strong flowery scent, even though it should not be scented? I initially thought they had send me the wrong bottle but no, they did not! Sadly, I do not like to put heavily scented stuff on my face. I don't mind a light fresh scent, but this heavy flowery thing isn't my style. Nevertheless, scents are there to get used to and if the product works fine - I can live with a minor discomfort. The dispenser works easily, you can get a decent amount on the cotton pad without putting too much on it. I've been using it for the last couple of weeks and it works refreshing, but that's the only positive thing about it so far! With the latest burst of winter this toner leaves my skin feeling dry, begging for moisture! Lastly, it has been working a bit irritating on my skin - leaving some clogged pores & making my skin more sensitive - the longer I use it, the worse it gets. High hopes but none of them came true...
The goods: packaging, price, refreshing

The bads: drying, irritating

Overall I don't like this product and I am not likely to even finish it up, it has more cons than pros to it. I hadn't expected this from Louis Widmer, French pharmaciebrands are usually my little place of heaven. I'm curious if other people share my thoughts on this one?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
Evelien
Belgian twenty-something year old blogger who adores all things beautywise and loves to share her knowledge... This blog reflects my thoughts on products I've personally used and random things that cross my mind. If you have a request for a review or want to ask me something etc..., you can contact me at beautyponder@hotmail.com.
View my complete profile
Follow beauty ponders & randoms